Neal was born and raised in Columbia, South Carolina, where he attended Cardinal Newman High School. His mother was a nurse who retired as a Colonel in the US Army Reserves. His father began his career as a prosecutor before moving into private practice. He is a graduate of both The Honors College of the University of South Carolina (with Honors) and the University of South Carolina School of Law.
In 2009, Neal joined his father at Truslow & Truslow and his practice is primarily focused on DUI defense. Neal has handled numerous cases in the areas of serious personal injury, State and Federal criminal defense, business disputes, as well as Court-Martial proceedings. He represents individuals, service members, and small businesses throughout the State of South Carolina. After completing four years of ROTC, Neal was commissioned as a Logistics Officer in the South Carolina Army National Guard in 2006, and has served as a JAG Officer with the South Carolina Army National Guard since completing law school in 2009. Neal also works with the South Carolina National Guard’s State Partnership Program with the Republic of Colombia, where he collaborates with the highest levels of Colombian defense forces to enact a comprehensive, transparent military justice system
Whether in the criminal, civil, or military arena, Neal has a reputation for getting cases resolved with the most favorable results possible. Neal’s dedication, preparation, and advocacy skills make him uniquely suited to handle almost any case.
In his free time, Neal enjoys Gamecock athletics, hunting and fishing, traveling, and spending time with his wife and 4 children.
- Cardinal Newman High School
- The Honors College of the University of South Carolina (with Honors)
- University of South Carolina School of Law
Bar Admissions and Associations
- Supreme Court of the United States of America South Carolina
- United States District Court for the District of South Carolina
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- Richland County Bar Association
- Legal Elite of the Midlands – Columbia Business Monthly
- Top 20 Under 40 – The State Newspaper
- Top 40 Under 40 – The National Trial Lawyers